As car freight enthusiasts, we know how much your show vehicle means to you. We are aware of the time, effort, care and money you devote to your car. One small scratch could take weeks and a small fortune to repair on an era vehicle, which is why finding the right interstate vehicle transport carrier is imperative for the safety and proper care of your vehicle. Read more to learn everything you need to know about securely shipping your hot rod or show vehicle interstate.
At Car Transport Automove, we meet a lot of car and motorbike enthusiasts. The most common question we are asked about transporting hot rods and show vehicles is:
"Is my vehicle at risk of being damaged during transit?"
Well, unfortunately we have to say - yes it is! Choosing car shipping or any interstate vehicle transport service that does not follow rigorous safety procedures to secure your vehicle could leave your car damaged. We've heard some horror stories about vehicles damaged during transit and dodgy insurers not paying up.
As car lovers, we understand how devastating it is to see your hard work damaged, especially when it is just arriving at an exhibition or festival, which is why we work with over 40 of Australia's highest quality vehicle transporters to make sure your prized hot rod or show vehicle arrives safely at its destination, ready to dazzle the crowds.
Our select list of interstate vehicle transport providers includes car freight professionals well trained to handle your vehicle safely. No matter which car shipping provider you decide to go with, a few universal rules should always be followed to ensure the safety of your show car.
- Use Automove's Online Price List to find the most suitable motorbike or car freight provider for your individual shipping requirements
- Get in touch with your car shipping provider as early as possible to learn their company-specific shipping requirements
- Contact your vehicle's insurer to find out the conditions for interstate car transport
- Gather all documents relating to your vehicle (including insurance, manuals and registration) and make photocopies to supply to your car freight provider
- Take photos of the interior and exterior of your vehicle and note any cosmetic damage
- Note any mechanical issues and provide details to your freighter
- Remove any personal items from the car that could move around and damage the inteior
- Ensure the brakes are in working condition
- Inflate the tyres
- Fill the tank to Â¼ full
- Make sure the battery is fully charged
- Top off necessary fluids
- Write down instructions for special care
- Pack extra protective cloth covers with instructions for the freighters if necessary
- Remove or fold back mirrors if possible, otherwise cover tightly with protective cloth
Once you have followed these steps, it will be time to take the final and most difficult step: leaving the safety of your show vehicle in the hands of the freighter. At Automove, we make this final step easier by promising reliable, safe and cheap interstate vehicle transport for your much loved asset. Get in touch today at 1300 50 60 30 or use our Online Price List calculator to find the most suitable interstate vehicle transport provider for your show vehicle.